Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Vetiver & Hope Sandoval - Angels' Share


Makeshift moon mends a broken sky
Fields of fallow still stands dry
Night not gentle, soon for the night

Her mistake was to trust in him
His bodily excuse again
Yeah, the voices hard like the wind

Said, "I'm tired of you coming home late"
"I will do as I please, Kate
"There's no one gon' tell me how to be"
"Not for my sake, Tom, for the family"

He read guilt when she pled love
Got anxious and began to shove
Clouds have been kept loomed above

Curses raise the kids from bed
They fell down the stairs in time to see
The blood run warm down Kate's head

While the wounds in silence came to scars
Tom kept hitting the juke joint bars
All the love vanished in the air
Filled with paper vows and the angels' share

No comments:

Post a Comment