Sunday, August 14, 2022

Jenny Owen Youngs - F**k Was I [Official Music Video]

 


I fell in love and forgot about the homeless the hunger in Africa the women on welfare the strippers who need healthcare my friends the beggar the thieves
I fell in love and forgot my own mother my father my sister my grandma it killed her and waltzed around baby wishing you’d notice me
In my mind the light shines so equally
You can call it electricity
But why waste our energy?In my eyes I could be happy
But I stink of Depravity
Just and aching dark cavity
Oooh
I fell in love and threw out all my pencils my books and drew big hearts with red colored stencils and became pickled mush atrophied
I fell in love and I stopped all my eating clung on to your arms and forgot I was living but remembered the kitties and the pretty girls on your street
In my mind the light shines so equally
You can call it electricity
But why waste out energy?
In my eyes I could be happy
But I stink of Depravity
Just and aching dark cavity
I fell in love and forgot my own mother my father my sister my grandma it killed her and waltzed around baby wishing you’d notice me
I’m a fool

No comments:

Post a Comment