Saturday, February 12, 2022

Oakley Hall- Free Radicals Lament

 


I have a simple sadness, Hasn't got a name. Saw two years of our lives Down a dirty drain. One relief in freedom, So happy and so strange. Walking in the wild wind, Creature of ever-constant change. You sang songs of devotion, Out of the side of your mouth. I told you that I loved them, But tried to spit them out. It's like what this writer told me, Between sips of wine, "Sometimes you got a perfect story, Most times just a bunch of lines." Our friends would hate and judge us, What did they ever know? You said there'd be no love lost (?), After the after-glow. What starts like a supernova, Ends up like a drizzling rain. You're so happy that it's over, But isn't it a crying shame? I have a simple sadness, Hasn't got a name. Saw two years of our lives Down a dirty drain. Won relief in freedom, So happy and so strange, Walking in the wild wind, Creature of ever-constant change.

No comments:

Post a Comment